Giro d'Italia Grand Wine TastingWednesday 23 May at 7pm
Wednesday 23 May at 7:00 pm
The 2018 will be the 101st edition of the Giro d'Italia. The race will start in Jerusalem on the 4th of May and will finish in Rome on the 27th of the same month.
The Giro d'Italia is widely considered the world's most beautiful bike race and we want to mark this year event with a special Wine Tasting that will follow the path of one the classic “Grand Tour” of cycling.
The assortment of will include outstanding wine regions, together with rare grape varieties (such as Timorasso) and unexpected top quality wines. A great occasion to have fun and travel through the cultures, winemaking styles of the different regions of the "Bel Paese", while celebrating an historic and very popular sport event.
Wines on Tastings:
1) Maglia Rosa - Rosato IGT 2017, Cantine Spinelli
2) Etna Rosso - Tenuta Bastonaca (Organic)
3) Timorasso "Fausto" - Vigne Marina Coppi
4) "Zurle" Abruzzo Rosso DOC - Terre d'Aligi
5) Scioppettino Colli Orientali del Friuli - Angoris
6) Aglianico "Core" Campania IGT - Montevetrano
7) "I Quercioli" Lambrusco Grasparossa - Medici Ermete
8) Lugana DOC - Cascina Albarone
Cyclist gear/shirt/cap welcomed (but not compulsory) and the best outfit will win a bottle of Maglia Rosa Rose' wine.